Little Rock Apartments for Rent | What Little Rock Neighborhood Suits You?August 20, 2019
When you are searching for apartment housing, location is everything. Don’t forget to take the surrounding neighborhood into consideration when choosing your new home. It could make all the difference.
There are several different kinds of neighborhoods. The type of neighborhood you live in is determined by the average income of the residents, the location of the neighborhood, and the style of housing the neighborhood offers.
Here are two different kinds of neighborhoods you should be sure and check out, and the Little Rock neighborhoods with apartment housing that fit the description.
1. The neighborhoods with resort-like amenities
If you have the housing budget for something a little more luxurious, you may find yourself looking at apartment housing in some of Little Rock’s more sought-after neighborhoods. Here are three high-value neighborhoods and what they have to offer.
- Riverdale. Located in downtown Little Rock, Riverdale offers residents waterfront views, plenty of outdoor activities, and — a surprising combination — convenience. Riverdale sits right on the Arkansas River. The neighborhood has immediate access to some of Little Rock’s most popular outdoor attractions, like the Big Dam Bridge. Riverdale might have a high status, but it has a surprisingly wide price range for single family homes, condos, luxury apartments, and townhouses.
- Otter Creek. Otter Creek fits into this category because of all the amenities residents have living there. This neighborhood, located in West Little Rock, has gated security, a swimming pool — an essential amenity for Arkansas summers, nature trails, an excellent elementary school, and so much more. Otter Creek is great for families with children.
- The Heights. This is possibly Little Rock’s most exclusive, sought-after neighborhoods. This neighborhood has everything. According to the Metro Little Rock Guide, The Heights residents don’t have much need to leave the neighborhood. If they do, Little Rock’s fun, entertaining downtown is just a few minutes away.
2. Those downtown neighborhoods with eclectic character and easy access to the best entertainment around.
Urban Core, or “Downtown,” neighborhoods offer a one-of-a-kind living experience and apartment housing. They are right next to all the nightlife. Often characterized by growth and business opportunities, these downtown neighborhoods are usually bustling with young professionals hungry for success. Living in a downtown neighborhood almost eliminates the need for a commute. When you do commute, however, it is very difficult to find a place to park when you return.
- Little Rock’s Downtown Area. This neighborhood is no different. According to the Metro Little Rock Guide, Downtown Little Rock is growing at a dramatic rate and doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon. The growth has separated this neighborhood into distinct areas.
- The Creative Corridor is where all the arts come to meet. The Rep is a newly renovated theatre that has given Arkansansans the chance to witness some of the countries top performing artists and artworks.
- SoMa (South On Main) has just recently distinguished itself with brilliant, eclectic, local business. This area has always been special. SoMa is home to Arkansas’ Rock Town Distillery — the first distillery in the state after prohibition ended.
- East Village. The newest area to emerge is East Village. This neighborhood sits right outside Heifer International.